Do you have a pride problem? We live in a culture that celebrates pride yet I have experienced first hand the destruction that pride causes. It separates us from God and it destroys people.
There is a reason God warns us time and time again in the bible and requires us to allow him to uproot pride from our hearts. He literally says he “wants nothing to do with a prideful person.” But he draws close to and favors a humble person.
Take the Test
You might not think you have a pride problem but it shows up in ways you might not realize, such as if:
1. You are a fault finder. Someone who has no grace for other peoples failures.
2. You hold onto grudges. You are not quick to forgive.
3. You have to be the center of attention at all times and have everyone focus on you.
4. You have to always be in control. You demand your way. Having a “my way or the highway” mentality.
5. You won’t admit any fault or your weaknesses (which we all have btw) instead you are quick to anger and defensive.
6. You are not teachable. No one can correct you.
7. You are quick to judge others but have trouble judging yourself.
God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble. Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.” –James 4:4
God wants to set us free!
“Lord, I repent for pride, selfish motives and l ask you to cleanse and purify my heart. Give me a humble heart that pleases you. Convict me when I have a prideful attitude. Have your way in my life. Amen.”
Stay Encouraged, Leah