The one thing I see more and more is the enemy robbing life before it really begins. The other day I heard the sad news of a local 13 yr old who took His life. What 13 year old would have so much despair that he would convince Himself that life wasn’t worth living?
Only the enemy with the spirit of death could convince a child of this. All the premature death, gender confusion, and school shootings are because the enemy wants us to question our purpose. All he can do is lie. But in order for you to recognize lies, you must know the truth.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” – John 10:10
Friends, the devil is after our identity! His goal is to keep us bound. When we believe the lies then we abandon our purpose.
When the lies come, the ones you’ve believed about yourself ugly, stupid, worthless, purposeless, failure, dumb, a mistake, forgotten, unloved take those thoughts captive.
Sometimes our thoughts will not die, but we can control them and take them captive. We have the power to intentionally quit thinking about them and think of new thoughts based on God’s truth. To talk back.
In order for you to recognize lies, you must know the truth.”
So, speak out loud the truth of who God says you are. Encourage yourself. Build yourself up. Tell yourself the opposite of all the lies you’re hearing.
When the past screams you are hopeless, useless or you’re not good enough.
Speak out the truth. God gives me hope. I am used by God. I have a purpose. I’m smart. I can do this. I’m strong.
- I am alive with Christ. (Ephesians 2:5)
- I am a new creature in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
- It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me. (Galatians 2:20)
- I am greatly loved by God. (Romans 1:7; Ephesians 2:4; Colossians 3:12)
- I can do all things through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:13)
- I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ for good works. (Ephesians 2:10)
- I am more than a conqueror through Him who loves me. (Romans 8:37)
You are who God says you are. Don’t let the enemy deceive you any longer. You have a purpose and are deeply loved. I encourage you to study His word and to break off any lies keeping you from the truth.